Domain clientDeleteProhibited status

ValidBot » Validation Report suggested the clientDeleteProhibited to be set for the kicksecure.com domain name. Hence I contacted the support for the domain registrar and asked about this topic where there is not a lot information about available on search engines at time of writing.

namecheap.com support reply:

(For kicksecure.com.)

We can set up the clientDeleteProhibited status for the kicksecure.com domain name. Please note that this status indicates that it is not possible to delete the domain name registration, which can prevent unauthorized deletions resulting from hijacking and/or fraud. Having this status enabled, it is not possible to transfer the domain out of the current Registrar.

Please let us know if you would like to proceed with this option.

I asked the support to proceed.

gandi.net reply

No, this status prevent the domain name to be deleted, even in the case it’s not renewed.

This status in only used for some legal issue, to prevent ‘proof’ to be deleted.

(For whonix.org.)

I’ll ask gandi.net about this again in case namecheap.com proceeds with setting the clientDeleteProhibited flag.

gandi:

Unluckily we don’t add the clientDeleteProhibited flag to .COM domain names.

Only the flag clientTransferProhibited is provided and can be activated or deactivated by the customer from the Gandi manage interface.