Using Python3 with KickSecure

Hi!
I’m working on a project where I must use the Python package metadata-parser, which for some reason has no debian counterpart for direct HTML scraping of the internet. Anyway when I used Kicksecure on Debian 11 I was able to use PIP to grab the python package. Now that I’m on Debian 12 I’m getting some solid error messages. So this support request is to be shown the correct approach of respecting KickSecures security measures. Should I use the virtual environment for Python as they recommend.
Error Message on trying to use PIP:

[user ~/]% su -c ‘pip install metadata-parser’ (also tried sudo and nosudo)
Password:
error: externally-managed-environment

× This environment is externally managed
╰─> To install Python packages system-wide, try apt install
python3-xyz, where xyz is the package you are trying to
install.

If you wish to install a non-Debian-packaged Python package,
create a virtual environment using python3 -m venv path/to/venv.
Then use path/to/venv/bin/python and path/to/venv/bin/pip. Make
sure you have python3-full installed.

If you wish to install a non-Debian packaged Python application,
it may be easiest to use pipx install xyz, which will manage a
virtual environment for you. Make sure you have pipx installed.

See /usr/share/doc/python3.11/README.venv for more information.

note: If you believe this is a mistake, please contact your Python installation or OS distribution provider. You can override this, at the risk of breaking your Python installation or OS, by passing --break-system-packages.
hint: See PEP 668 for the detailed specification.
zsh: exit 1 su -c ‘pip install metadata-parser’

This is most likely unspecific to Kicksecure? This is most likely also happening on Debian 12 without Kicksecure involved?

It most likely needs to be resolved as per:

So I figured out the difference. Incidentally I’ve been using the username: user for years.
So after upgrading to Debian12 KickSecure I have to make a seperate user account, because Kicksecure has locked down User in this upgrade as a managed environment. Problem solved.

Citation required.

Kicksecure doesn’t lock down user user in any ways were users experience any reduced usability at time of writing. No related news in Debian 12 based Kicksecure.

Oops I figured it out, I just had to follow these directions and issue resolved, just working on alot of different projects and can’t read too good. I just have to still with python-full and also python3 venv:

> If you wish to install a non-Debian-packaged Python package,
> create a virtual environment using python3 -m venv path/to/venv.
> Then use path/to/venv/bin/python and path/to/venv/bin/pip. Make
> sure you have python3-full installed.

This was never an issue in Debian 11, so apologies, I was confused because the bash terminal prompt changed in this Kicksecure when logged on as User.