Would randomizing machine-id each boot cause issues?

Is there any reasons as to not randomize the machine-id?
Would it break systemd and or tirdad for example?

I see that Whonix and Kicksecure both set the machine-id as:

b08dfa6083e7567a1921a715000001fb

Could something like dbus-uuidgen --ensure=/etc/machine-id or systemd-machine-id-setup be used on startup to create new machine each boot without issue?

In context of Whonix:

In context of Kicksecure:

• Could be similar but much less importance. Could argue machine-id should be unique per system (Debian default). Can be considered once someone runs into an issue which requires this.

Tirdad, unlikely.

Otherwise: Unknown. Unspecific to Kicksecure. → Potential Solutions Beyond Kicksecure!

I haven’t had any issues that I can tell with this generating each boot on Kicksecure:

So does machine-id ever get sent over the network?

Also does the current AppArmor profiles for Kicksecure/Whonix block access to this file for default applications?

And also on the topic of sandbox does the AppArmor profiles block access to /sys/class/net/*/address where the real MAC Adress is listed?

Otherwise: Unknown. Unspecific to Kicksecure. → Potential Solutions Beyond Kicksecure!

Yeah I get that is more about this maybe as a feature exlusive to Kicksecure is what was getting at…I see was discussed in the Whonix forum, my only opinion is I feel that most identifiers should be randomized if possible.

Not by any application that I know but better use search engines, AI to confirm.

You would need to check each AppArmor profile. Search the Source Code

With apparmor.d things might change too.

Unlikely to happen unless contributed.

Not clear if that is a good idea as per:

And also unlikely that this is even feasible. If there was a virtualizer project that cares about these issues, maybe, but there isn’t.